So Many Needless Cancer DeathsDecember 2009
By William Faloon
This is Why We Exist
I cannot tell you how gratifying it is every time I hear that a human life has been spared because of something we publish in this magazine.
When I get these calls from doctors, the discussions inevitably turn to trying to figure out why these proven therapies continue to be overlooked by the mainstream. An abundance of published data shows that the FDA-approved immune boosting drug interleukin-2 is effective against common tumors, yet it is virtually never used.28-30 It’s as if the medical mainstream doesn’t care whether their patients live or die.
The Dirty Secret I Was Told Directly
For years, I read that large pharmaceutical companies buy up effective cancer drugs and intentionally suppress them in order to protect their highly profitable patented drugs. I never quite believed it until I heard it directly from a mainstream researcher.
For the first time, I had dinner with a hardcore mainstream medical oncologist/researcher. The purpose of this meeting was to seek Life Extension® funding for a promising cancer drug. This was my first interaction with a mainstream oncologist—other than to have them arrogantly tell me what they won’t do for their patients.
I was impressed enough with the data supporting this drug that I suggested it be offered at an offshore clinic, since FDA approval was years away. The mainstream oncologist was adamant that if he did this, the FDA would never approve it.
Having battled the FDA for more than a decade to force them to approve the anti-viral drug ribavirin, I understood the problem. Ribavirin dramatically improves the effectiveness of alpha-interferon therapy in hepatitis C patients,31-33 but the FDA suppressed this drug for more than 15 years because the company promoted it before the FDA allowed it.
The mainstream oncologist knew that by telling me that this drug might never make it to cancer patients, he would reduce his chances of securing Life Extension® funding. He was honest enough to warn me that there is a risk that a pharmaceutical company would buy the drug patent and sit on it. When I questioned the rationale behind this, the mainstream oncologist rattled off the outrageous profits pharmaceutical companies are making now, and how much they dislike upsetting their revenue streams with newer drugs.
This was told to me from a credible source, who brought up the risk of pharmaceutical company suppression against his own financial interests, since it reduced my motivation in helping to fund his research. Having learned this, I cannot fathom how pharmaceutical people live with themselves when intentionally inflicting so much suffering and death on their fellow human beings.
Prevention is Still the Key
While Life Extension® has made tremendous strides in identifying effective treatments overlooked by the establishment, the fact remains that most human cancers are preventable.
An in-depth article in this month’s issue discusses how cancer develops and reveals proven methods to sharply reduce one’s risk of contracting this insidious disease.
Why I Want Every American to Read Suzanne’s New Book
Those who know the truth behind the heinous acts committed by the cancer establishment have always been the underdogs. The media often favors Big Pharma and the FDA, while viciously attacking those who advocate innovative cancer treatments.
The death of Coretta Scott King is a perfect example. Conventional medicine failed her. In a last ditch desperate attempt, her family brought her partially paralyzed body to an alternative cancer clinic in Mexico. She died before treatment could begin. The media nonetheless immediately attacked the credibility of the alternative clinic. Coretta Scott King was so near death that the clinic could not even begin to treat her. The mere fact that she was intended to be treated with unapproved therapies was all the media needed to bash alternative medicine. The Mexican government quickly shut the alternative clinic down even though it never treated Coretta Scott King.
I want to express my gratitude to Suzanne Somers for bringing out the lifesaving information contained in her new book Knockout. We hope you understand how today’s cancer industry, which financially thrives on the sale of toxic/minimally effective drugs, wants the knowledge Suzanne uncovers to remain repressed.
For longer life,
3. Cancer Res. 2000 Jul 15;60(14):3978-84.
4. BMC Cancer. 2008;8376.
5. J Tongji Med Univ. 1999;19(4):300-3.
6. Gut. 1994 Nov;35(11):1632-6.
7. Eur J Surg Oncol. 1993 Aug;19(4):332-5.
8. Aust NZ J Surg. 1994 Dec;64(12):847-52.
9. Hepatogastroenterology. 2005 Mar;52(62):504-8.
10. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2005 Oct;32(11):1576-7.
11. Biomed Pharmacother. 2005 Jan;59(1-2):56-60.
12. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2006 Jul 11;86(26):1813-6.
13. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2003 Oct;30(11):1788-90.
14. Br J Cancer. 2002 Jan 21;86(2):161-7.
15. Lancet. 1988 Oct 29;2(8618):990-2.
16. Melanoma Res. 2007 Jun;17(3):177-83.
17. Cas Lek Cesk. 2003;142(7):390-3.
18. Vaccine. 1998 Oct;16(16):1504-10.
19. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993 May 28;193(1):88-92.
20. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1985;11(8):539-45.
21. Mech Ageing Dev. 1978 Mar;7(3):189-97.
22. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2007 Jun;100(6):387-91.
23. Biofactors. 2008;32(1-4):179-83.
24. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008 Feb;1780(2):203-13.
25. Biofactors. 2007;31(3-4):211-7.
28. Int J Cancer. 1999 Jan 29;80(3):425-30.
29. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 1991;33(1):9-14.
30. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002 Dec 20;299(5):818-24.
31. Hepatol Res. 2009 Sep 25.
32. Clin Infect Dis. 2009 Oct 15;49(8):e84-e91.
33. Gastroenterology. 1999 Aug;117(2):408-13.