Don't let cold weather hit your health
Express & Star
Don't let cold weather hit your health Worried your health will suffer now summer's over? Take action now to keep well when the cold months hit.
While you can't completely avoid catching bugs and colds, you can give your immune system a helping hand.
1. Embrace the season - A healthy, balanced diet is key for good health. Making the switch to winter doesn't have to mean letting all those healthy habits slip. "Swapping berries and salads for root vegetables, apples and pears is just as healthy," says Rob.
2. Be supplement savvy - Lots of us only think about packing in extra vitamins once we actually feel unwell, but our immune systems function best if they're supported continually, so consider starting to take a quality multivitamin now.
3. Get spicy - 'Tis the season of hearty soups, stews and casseroles, and spices are an easy way to add some oomph in the healthiness - as well as the taste - stakes.
4. Switch to lunchtime workouts - If you know the dark mornings and evenings are going to hamper your usual workout regime, switch things up and make the most of early afternoons to fit in some exercise.
5. Don't let the weather stop you getting outside - Invest in suitable footwear and a waterproof jacket and you'll never need to let the weather stop you from getting outdoors.