Life Extension Suggestions
The following lifestyle changes may be helpful:
- Diet. Aim for a well-balanced diet. Avoid unnecessary simple sugars. Avoid artificial food colorings including the “Southampton 6” (ie, tartrazine (E103), quinolone yellow (E104), sunset yellow (E110), carmoisine (E122), ponceau 4R (E124) and allura red (E129)). Use specific elimination diets only in partnership with a physician.
- Exercise. Try moderate-intensity activity for 30 minutes almost every day and a minimum of 30 minutes of vigorous activity 3 to 4 days a week.
- Mind-body techniques. Try massage, biofeedback, and meditation. Avoid information overload. Some individuals with ADHD benefit from predictable, rigid schedules.
In addition, the following nutrients may be helpful. Please note that the dosages provided below are for adults.
- Comprehensive multivitamin/multi-nutrient formula: Per label instructions
- Whey protein isolate or concentrate (including Tyrosine, Histidine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Methionine, and Cysteine): providing 17 – 20 g protein daily
- Fish oil (with olive polyphenols and sesame lignans): providing 1400 mg EPA and 1000 mg DHA daily
- Phosphatidylserine (PS): 100 - 300 mg daily
- Phosphatidylcholine (as Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline): 600 mg daily
- Acetyl-L-carnitine: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate): 100 mg daily
- Magnesium: 500 – 1500 mg daily
- Zinc: 30 – 90 mg daily
- Iron: 15 mg daily
- Probiotics (including Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis): 15 billion colony forming units (CFUs) daily
- Ginkgo biloba: 120 mg daily
- Ginseng (std. to 15% ginsenosides) : 250 - 1000 mg daily
- Pycnogenol® (French Maritime Pine Bark Extract) (std. to 65% procyanidins [65 mg]): 100 – 200 mg daily
In addition, the following blood tests may provide helpful information:
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.