Life Extension Suggestions
Consumption of adequate calories and protein daily coupled with combined aerobic and resistance exercise is paramount for maintaining healthy body mass and muscle function. For those unable to engage in an exercise routine, participating in as much physical activity as possible, such as walking, or even sitting up in bed (as opposed to lying down) is often beneficial (Argiles 2012).
- Whey protein isolate or concentrate: 17 – 20 g protein daily
- Glutamine: 500 – 1000 mg daily
- Arginine: 700 mg daily
- Creatine: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- Branched chain amino acids (BCAAs): containing at least 1200 mg L-Leucine, 600 mg L-Isoleucine, and 600 mg L-Valine daily
- Fish Oil softgels (with olive polyphenols): providing 1400 mg EPA and 1000 mg DHA daily; OR
- Liquid fish oil: 15 mL twice daily
- DHEA: 15 – 50 mg daily (for women) and 25 – 75 mg daily (for men) followed by blood tests in 3 – 6 weeks; consider starting at a lower dose and increase as indicated
- L-carnitine: 1000 – 2000 mg daily
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) blend (providing min. 78% CLA [2340 mg]): 3000 mg daily
- Vitamin D: 5000 – 8000 IU daily; depending upon blood levels of 25-OH-vitamin D
- Comprehensive Multivitamin/Multi-Nutrient Formula (containing 218 mg calcium, 400 mg magnesium, 200 mcg selenium, 500 mcg chromium, 35 mg zinc): Per label instructions
- Resveratrol: 250 mg daily
- Probiotics (including Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium longum): 15 billion colony forming units (CFUs) daily
- Digestive Enzymes (providing Amylase, Protease, Lipase): 400 mg daily
- Progesterone: ¼ to ½ teaspoon of natural progesterone cream (2.5%) applied twice a day to different parts of skin that has fat beneath its surface. Men might consider testosterone replacement in addition to a small dose of progesterone. Those with hormone sensitive cancers need close physician supervision when using hormone drugs.
In addition, the following blood tests may provide helpful information:
- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
- Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEA-S)
- Testosterone (Free with Total)
- Cytokine panel (including IL-6 and TNF-α)
- Chemistry panel & Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.