Life Extension Suggestions
Life Extension’s strategy is centered upon easing inflammation and combines several scientifically studied nutrients to complement the immunomodulatory role of vitamin D. Additionally, avoiding inflammatory foods high in omega-6 fatty acids in favor of healthy omega-3’s provides a nutritional foundation ideal for restraining an overactive immune system.
- Vitamin D: 5000 – 8000 IU daily, depending on blood test results
- Fish oil (with olive polyphenols): 1400 mg EPA & 1000 mg DHA daily
- Vitamin E: (as high gamma tocopherol mix with sesame lignans): 359 mg daily
- Vitamin A: (as beta-carotene): 3000 – 5000 IU daily
- Curcumin: 400 – 800 mg daily (as BCM-95-enhanced absorption curcumin)
- Ginkgo biloba; standardized extract: 120 – 360 mg daily
- Pine bark extract: 75 – 200 mg daily
- White peony extract (providing 252 mg paeoniflorin): 1200 – 1800 mg daily
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): 25 – 200 mg daily (depending on blood levels of DHEA-s)
In addition, the following blood testing resources may be helpful:
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.