Life Extension Suggestions
- Zinc Lozenges: Completely dissolve in mouth one lozenge containing 18.75 mg of zinc acetate every two waking hours. Do not exceed 8 lozenges daily, and do not use for more than three consecutive days.
- Vitamin D: If you don't already maintain a blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D over 50 ng/mL, then take 50 000 IU of vitamin D the first day and continue for three more days and slowly reduce the dose to around 5000 IU of vitamin D each day. If you already take around 5000 IU of vitamin D every day, then you probably don't need to increase your intake.
- Vitamin C: 5000 – 20 000 mg daily
- Beta-glucan: 100 mg daily (increase up to 600 mg as needed)
- Andrographis paniculata extract: 25 mg daily (increase up to 150 mg as needed)
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): 200 – 400 mg early in the day
- Melatonin: 3 – 50 mg at bedtime
- Astragalus membranaceus (std. to 0.4% [1.8 mg] 4'-hydroxy-3'-methoxyisoflavone 7): 450 mg daily
- Elderberry: 2400 – 4800 mg daily or 1 – 4 tablespoons daily
- High-Allicin garlic: 9000 – 18 000 mg daily
- Aged garlic extract: 3600 mg daily
- Lactoferrin: 1200 mg daily
- Probiotics: Per label instructions
- Echinacea (std. to 3.84% echinacosides [9.6 mg]): 250 – 500 mg daily
- N-acetyl cysteine: at least 600 mg with each dose of acetaminophen
Over-The-Counter Drug Support
- Cimetidine: 800 – 1200 mg daily
In addition, the following blood testing resources may be helpful
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.