Life Extension Suggestions
Life Extension Suggestions
The following interventions may be supportive in conditions involving excessive adrenal function:
- Melatonin: 0.3 – 10 mg daily at bedtime
- Vitamin D3: 2000 - 5000 IU daily
- Calcium: 1000 - 1200 mg daily (along with magnesium and boron to further support bone health)
- Potassium: 99 mg daily as needed in accordance with blood test results
- Vitamin A: 2500 IU daily
- Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95™): 400 – 800 mg daily
The following interventions may be supportive in conditions involving low adrenal function:
- Licorice tea or capsules (not DGL): Per label instructions
- DHEA: 50 mg daily, based on appropriate laboratory tests (see the DHEA Replacement Therapy protocol for more information).
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5): 500 mg daily
- Coenzyme Q10 (as ubiquinol): 100 – 200 mg daily
Additional suggestions of natural compounds that support adrenal health are available in the Stress Management protocol.
In addition, the following blood tests may provide helpful information:
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.