Life Extension Suggestions
Wash face gently with unscented, oil-free cleansers and keep skin clean.
Use only oil-free moisturizers.
Use cosmetics sparingly. Use only hypoallergenic, oil-free cosmetics.
Resist the urge to squeeze, scratch, or pick at acne lesions. Let them drain when they are ready.
- Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95®): 400 mg daily
- Zinc: 30 mg one to three times daily
- Tea tree oil: apply topically to the affected area
- Niacin (as niacinamide): 500 – 1000 mg daily
- Vitamin A (as 90% beta-carotene and 10% acetate): 5000 IU daily
- Vitamin E: 400 IU daily with at least 200 mg gamma tocopherol
- Aloe vera (topical): apply topically to the affected area
- Barberry extract: 600 mg daily (or 60 mg berberine daily)
- Green tea extract (topical): apply topically to the affected area
- Seaweed extract (topical): apply topically to the affected area
- Lactoferrin (providing 95% apolactoferrin [285 mg]): 300 mg daily
- Gugulipid (std. to 2.5% guggulsterones): 750 – 1000 mg daily
In addition, the following blood testing suggestions may provide helpful information:
Disclaimer and Safety Information
This information (and any accompanying material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a physician or other qualified health care professional. Pregnant women in particular should seek the advice of a physician before using any protocol listed on this website. The protocols described on this website are for adults only, unless otherwise specified. Product labels may contain important safety information and the most recent product information provided by the product manufacturers should be carefully reviewed prior to use to verify the dose, administration, and contraindications. National, state, and local laws may vary regarding the use and application of many of the treatments discussed. The reader assumes the risk of any injuries. The authors and publishers, their affiliates and assigns are not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons arising from this protocol and expressly disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
The protocols raise many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested protocol regimens can guarantee health benefits. The publisher has not performed independent verification of the data contained herein, and expressly disclaim responsibility for any error in literature.