Retail Price: $45.00
Your favorite Life Extension® products can be delivered to you automatically. Just look for the “AutoShip” button. Select AutoShip, and choose your preferred ship-out date. It's that easy!
The use of diets high in collagen to improve bone health dates back to ancient cultures. Life Extension brings you this exciting formulation with KoAct®, a patented chelated form of calcium and collagen designed to maintain optimal bone health. KoAct® helps maintain bone strength and mineral density.1 This remarkable ingredient allows for greater strength and flexibility, so your bones can absorb energy, reducing the risk of age-related injuries. Additional plant extracts from bamboo and dried plum have also been added for their bone-protective minerals and polyphenols.2-8
Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® contains the following ingredients:
KoAct® is a unique patented chelated compound of calcium and hydrolyzed collagen peptides (type I collagen) designed to enhance collagen support and turnover while supporting optimal bone mineral density and strength,
Plays an important role in bone formation through the synthesis and/or stabilization of collagen.
Supports osteoblast (bone building cells) activity and function by upregulating cell-signaling compounds (Runx2, Osterix and IGF-1) and enhancing expression of an enzyme (lysyl oxidase) that is involved in collagen cross-linking.
Impacts steroid hormone metabolism-affecting the levels of estrogens and testosterone.
If you need extra bone support, ask your healthcare professional how Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® can be part of a comprehensive nutritional program in conjunction with proper resistance exercise. Life Extension offers several mineral formulas that may complement Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® to ensure optimal mineral intake. If you have any questions about this, please call a Life Extension Health Advisor who can help to tailor a supplement program that meets your individual bone-care needs at 1-800-226-2370.
1. Hooshmand S et al. Evidence for bone reversal properties of a calcium-collagen chelate, a novel dietary supplement. J Food Nutr Disor. 2013;2(1):1-6.
2. Jugdaohsingh R et al. Dietary Silicon Intake is Positively Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Men and Premenopasual Women of the Framingham Offspring Cohort. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19(2):297-307.
3. Arjmandi BH, Khalil DA, Lucas EA, et al. Dried plums improve indices of bone formation in postmenopausal women. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2002 Jan;11(1):61-8.
4. Bu SY, Lerner M, Stoecker BJ, et al. Dried plum polyphenols inhibit osteoclastogenesis by downregulating NFATc1 and inflammatory mediators. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008 Jun;82(6):475-88.
5. Franklin M, Bu SY, Lerner MR, et al. Dried plum prevents bone loss in a male osteoporosis model via IGF-I and the RANK pathway. Bone. 2006 Dec;39(6):1331-42.
6. Bu SY, Hunt TS, Smith BJ. Dried plum polyphenols attenuate the detrimental effects of TNF-alpha on osteoblast function coincident with up-regulation of Runx2, Osterix and IGF-I. J Nutr Biochem. 2009 Jan;20(1):35-44.
7. Bu SY, Lucas EA, Franklin M, et al. Comparison of dried plum supplementation and intermittent PTH in restoring bone in osteopenic orchidectomized rats. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):931-42.
8. Deyhim F, Stoecker BJ, Brusewitz GH, Devareddy L, Arjmandi BH. Dried plum reverses bone loss in an osteopenic rat model of osteoporosis. Menopause. 2005 Nov;12(6):755-62.
KoAct® is a registered trademark of AIDP, Inc.
|Dosage and Use|
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Please read the full product reviews disclaimer.