Retail Price: $28.00
Super Sale Price:
Your favorite Life Extension® products can be delivered to you automatically. Just look for the “AutoShip” button. Select AutoShip, and choose your preferred ship-out date. It's that easy!
Milk thistle extract is one of nature's most potent weapons to support liver health. Until recently, however, the technology hasn't been available to fully harness this plant's full benefits.1 The problem has been the star component of milk thistle, called silybin, does not dissolve well in water.2,3 This makes it difficult for your body to absorb all of it.2,4,5 Scientists have developed a novel technology to overcome silybin's poor bioavailability. The solution is to mix silybin with a nutrient called phosphatidylcholine.
Phosphatidylcholine facilitates transport across the intestinal lining into the bloodstream, making it an ideal "carrier molecule" for silybin.4,5 Scientists believe that phosphatidylcholine molecularly bonds to silybin ushering it through the membranes of cells in the intestinal tract.4 This silybin-phosphatidylcholine complex is absorbed nearly five times better than silymarin alone, and its ultimate bioavailability to the liver, its target organ, is ten-fold greater than silymarin alone.6-8
This novel milk thistle extract with phosphatidylcholine contains standardized concentrations of silybin and isosilybin A and B not found in other milk thistle extracts.
1. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2008 Jul;21(3):249-54.
2. Altern Med Rev. 2005 Sep;10(3):193-203.
3. Indian J Pharmacol. 2007;39(4):172-79.
4. Altern.Med Rev. 2009;14(3):226-46.
5. Available at: http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/7/2/15.pdf. Accessed August 8, 2013.
6. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 1992 Jan-Mar;17(1):39-44.
7. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 1990;15(4):333-38.
8. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 1993 Jul-Sep;18(3):289-97.
SILIPHOS® is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A., Italy.
|Dosage and Use|