180 capsules: Cardiovascular Research
Retail Price: $36.00
Super Sale Price:
Your favorite Life Extension® products can be delivered to you automatically. Just look for the “AutoShip” button. Select AutoShip, and choose your preferred ship-out date. It's that easy!
Magnesium is one of the body’s most important minerals. It is required as a co-factor in hundreds of enzymatic processes within cells.1 It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, promotes a healthy cardiovascular function, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps maintain blood sugar and blood pressure levels already within normal range, and it is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.2,3
Magnesium is a major factor in relaxing the smooth muscles within the blood vessels, thereby reducing peripheral vascular resistance and promoting a healthy cardiovascular system.4-6 Magnesium also affects circulating levels of norepinephrine and the synthesis of serotonin and nitric oxide.1,7-9
Magnesium positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for repair and rebuilding.10,11 The scientific literature documents the need for a wide range of minerals, including calcium and magnesium, that are vital to maintaining strong, healthy bones.
Many Americans do not obtain adequate amounts of magnesium in their diets.12 The long-term, magnesium-supplemented diet helps maintain normal blood pressure levels already within normal range.13,14 Moreover, there is strong evidence that dietary magnesium intake and supplementation improve metabolic profile.15 Magnesium has been shown to beneficially impact insulin resistance, serum lipid profiles, inflammation, endothelial dysfunction, oxidative stress and platelet aggregability.16 This product combines magnesium with the amino acid taurine, both of which benefit the heart.
1. J Bone Miner Res. 1998 Apr;13(4):749-58.
2. Am J Clin Nutr 1987;45:1305-12.
3. Clinica Chimica Acta 2000;294:1-26.
4. Ann Pharmacother. 2002 Feb;36(2):255-60.
5. Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9):773-8.
6. Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13
7. Clin Neurosci. 1998;5(1):24-7.
8. Angiology. 1994 Jul;45(7):637-45.
9. Magnes Res. 2006 Jun;19(2):113-22.
10. Nutr Rev. 1995 Sep;53(9 Pt 2):S23-S27.
11. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Aug;83(8):2742-8.
12. J Nutr. 2003 Sep;133(9):2879-82.
13. J Hypertens. 2008 Jan;26(1):44-52.
14. Magnes Res. 2007 Sep;20(3):196-9.
15. Magnes Res. 2007 Jun;20(2):107-29.
16. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2008 Feb;19(1):50-6.
|Dosage and Use|