16 fl oz (472 ml): Bluebonnet
Retail Price: $14.50
Super Sale Price:
Your favorite Life Extension® products can be delivered to you automatically. Just look for the “AutoShip” button. Select AutoShip, and choose your preferred ship-out date. It's that easy!
Bluebonnet’s Liquid Calcium Magnesium Citrate Plus Vitamin D3 provides 600 mg of calcium and 300 mg of magnesium in a 2:1 ratio, plus 400 IU of vitamin D3 from lanolin in one delicious, natural blueberry flavored liquid formula.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body where it is primarily found in bones and teeth. In bone formation, calcium forms crystals that provide strength to maturing bone. Peak bone mass is usually achieved when people are in their 20s.
Calcium is needed for more than just healthy bones. It is also important for muscle contraction, blood vessel contraction and expansion, the secretion of hormones and enzymes, and sending messages through the nervous system. A meta-analysis of 56 clinical trials demonstrated a significant impact on heart health resulting from increasing calcium intake by 1,000 to 2,000 mg/day.1 In addition, recent evidence suggests that increased intake of calcium may help to maintain optimal weight as well.
The citrate salt of calcium has been documented to be well absorbed and utilized by the body.2-5 This is the form many doctors and nutritionists recommend. Calcium citrate dissolves easily even if one doesn’t have much stomach acid.
Magnesium is one of the body’s most important minerals. It is required as a cofactor in hundreds of enzymatic processes within cells.6 It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, promotes a healthy cardiovascular function, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps maintain blood sugar and blood pressure levels already within normal range, and it is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.7,8
Vitamin D has long provided significant support for healthy bone density.9-14 However, scientists have also validated the critical role that vitamin D plays in regulating healthy cell division and differentiation, and its profound effects on human immunity.15-18 These findings link a deficiency of vitamin D to a host of common age-related problems.
1. JAMA. 1996 Apr 3;275(13):1016-22.
2. Am J Ther. 1999 Nov;6(6):313-21.
3. J Am Coll Nutr. 1990 Dec;9(6):583-7.
4. J Bone Miner Res. 1988 Jun;3(3):253-8.
5. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1985 Aug;61(2):391-3.
6. J Bone Miner Res. 1998 Apr;13(4):749-58.
7. Am J Clin Nutr 1987;45:1305-12.
8. Clinica Chimica Acta 2000;294:1-26.
9. Rev Rhum Engl Ed. 1996 Feb;63(2):135-40.
10. Proc Nutr Soc. 2001 May;60(2):283-9.
11. J Bone Miner Res. 2003 Jul;18(7):1217-26.
12. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2002 Oct 15;99(21):13487-91.
13. Steroids. 2001 Mar-May;66(3-5):375-80.
14. Bone. 2006 Oct;39(4):946-53.
15. Int J Cancer. 1984 Feb 15;33(2):193-202.
16. J Immunol. 1986 Apr 15;136(8):2734-40.
17. Cancer Res. 1985 Jan;45(1):311-6.
18. Endocrinology. 1984 Nov;115(5):1891-6.
|Dosage and Use|