Recommendation 7: Preserve Brain Function
Cognitex® with Brain Shield®
Cognitex® with Brain Shield® contains the latest ingredients shown to provide broad-spectrum protection against the multiple mechanisms involved in neurological decline. And according to an independent study, Cognitex® has been shown to help increase mental
focus, promote cognitive planning and organizational acuity, help retain spatial relationships (like the distance between cars while driving), and improve
memory recall and recognition — all within as short a time frame as two weeks!1 The daily dose of Cognitex® with Brain Shield® provides:
- Gastrodin is an extract typically derived from the Chinese orchid (Gastrodia elata), provides powerful support for the brain’s normal defenses and regenerative mechanisms.2-10 Gastrodin’s multiple modes of action work together with other nutrients to improve circulation and shield the brain from age-related insults.9,10
- UMP (Uridine-5’-monophosphate) is critical to optimal brain function and the health of neuronal cell membranes.11-14
- A-GPC (alpha-glyceryl phosphoryl choline) boosts acetylcholine, a critical neurotransmitter that declines with age.15-19
- Sharp-PS® (phosphatidylserine) promotes already-normal neuronal cell membrane function and structure.20-24
- Vinpocetine helps get more oxygen and blood to brain cells by dilating blood vessels and reducing blood viscosity.25,26
- Grape seed extract enhances blood vessel tone and elasticity, thus boosting oxygen flow to the brain.27-31
- Wild blueberry extract has been shown to inhibit oxidative and inflammatory changes in brain cells believed to be involved in memory decline.32-35
- Ashwagandha confers neuroprotection by supporting the regeneration of axons and dendrites, nerve cell components that support brain and nervous system function.36-41
- Proprietary NeuroProtection Complex Blend (standardized extracts of hops and rosemary) helps suppress inflammatory cytokines.42-45
- Pregnenolone is a neuroactive hormone that may be especially beneficial to the brain.46-51
(Refer to this chart for Cognitex® with Pregnenolone &
Brain Shield® nutritional facts).
A bottle containing 90 softgels of Cognitex® & Brain Shield®, with and without pregnenolone, retails for $62 and
$60, respectively. If a customer purchases four or more bottles, the price drops to $39.75 each and $39 each, respectively.
If a customer purchases 10 or more bottles, the price per bottle with or without pregnenolone drops to $37.50 each and $36 each, respectively. (Item #01897, Item #01896)
Life Extension also offers the value-priced Cognitex® Basics, for customers who want a more cost-effective cognitive support
product. For more information on all three Cognitex® versions, please refer to the Brain Health section of this website.
Caution: Pregnenolone may affect levels of other hormones, such as progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and/or DHEA. Do not take this product if you have a
history of seizures. Do not take this product if you have breast cancer, prostate cancer, or other hormone-sensitive diseases. If you are taking
anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult with your physician before using this product.
Shop Recommended Products
Back To Index View Scientific References