Youthful cellular energy is key to longer youth, longer life. And Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ® is a
state-of-the-art nutritional formula that can help you take better care of the little powerhouses in every cell in your body … by protecting delicate
cellular structures, enabling cells to perform life-sustaining metabolic processes, even helping generate new mitochondria! This innovative formula helps
counteract age-related structural and functional changes and promote the growth of new mitochondria with these unique ingredients:
- PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone) — triggers growth of new mitochondria in aging cells1 … and
activates genes involved in protecting delicate structures within the mitochondria.2-6
- Carnosine —As humans age, proteins in their bodies become irreversibly damaged by glycation reactions.7 Glycation can lead to alterations of normal cell function.8,9 Carnosine is a powerful anti-glycating agent, and protects neurons against reactive and cytotoxic protein carbonyl species associated with normal aging.9-14
- Luteolin — Systemic inflammation is involved in most consequences of aging.15,16 Culprits behind inflammatory reactions are pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Luteolin is a flavonoid that has been shown to help suppress these inflammatory cytokines.17-29
- Benfotiamine — Human mortality studies indicate that ideal fasting glucose levels are between 74–85 mg/dL. Yet many aging people have fasting glucose above 90 mg/dL, which is not optimal. Benfotiamine can activate glucose metabolism and promote already healthy blood glucose levels. In addition, benfotiamine exhibits direct antioxidative capacity and supports healthy DNA function.30-34
- Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate — the active form of vitamin B6 that has been shown to protect against both lipid and protein glycation
- R-Lipoic Acid — facilitates youthful mitochondrial energy output while guarding against free radicals. Two forms of lipoic acid are sold
on the supplement market, but R-lipoic acid is far more potent.42-49
- Taurine — this amino acid supports neurite growth50 and powerfully protects the mitochondria51 from oxidative damage to enhance energy production within cells.50,52,53 Taurine is prevalent throughout the body54 and found in especially high amounts in the metabolically active cells that require high mitochondrial energy production (brain,54 nerve, and eye cells55 and heart56 and skeletal muscle57).
(Refer to this chart for Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ® ingredient facts:).
Taking all of these ingredients separately would be cost-prohibitive. But you can benefit from all of them in this one cost-effective, comprehensive
formula that supports mitochondrial structure, function and formation to help keep you younger and healthier longer. A bottle containing 120 capsules of
the Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ® (Item #01868*) retails for $72.00. If a customer buys four bottles, the price is reduced to $48.00 per bottle.
Life Extension also offers the value-priced Mitochondrial Basics with BioPQQ®, for those customers who are cost-conscious but
still want to support mitochondrial function. For more information on both of these products, please refer to the Energy Management
section of this Directory.
It is important to take four capsules per day of the Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ® in order to benefit from carnosine. The reason
for this is because the body automatically metabolizes lower amounts of carnosine into an inert substance, but the body cannot quickly neutralize the
amount of carnosine (1000 mg) contained in four capsules of the Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ® formula.
*This new, revised formula is replacing Item #01768 and will be available October 2015.
Shop Recommended Products
Back To Index View Scientific References