Few doctors are aware of how shockingly deficient Americans are in essential nutrients. It’s a fundamental fact that the vast majority of Americans fail to obtain even the tiny amount of nutrients in their diets that the medical establishment says are needed. Take vitamins D & E for example.
Over the past several years scientists have validated the critical role vitamin D plays in regulating a host of bodily functions. Yet still there is evidence of a widespread vitamin D insufficiency. This has led to recommendations for Americans to increase their vitamin D intake to 5,000 IU per day and higher. While most multivitamin supplements contain only 400-600 IU of vitamin D. Life Extension Mix™ and Two-Per-Day formulas contain 2,000 IU.† Most Life Extension customers also take a 5,000 IU softgel of vitamin D3 each day to achieve optimal blood levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D, which are between 50-80 ng/mL.
A recent published study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition looked at blood levels of vitamin D (measured as 25-hydroxyvitamin D) in 9,949 people aged 50-74 for a median of 9.5 years. Compared to those with sufficient vitamin D levels, those who were deficient had a 71% higher rate of dying from any cause. 1
Many Americans also supplement with vitamin E to obtain its antioxidant benefits. The federal government, however, says only 15 mg of vitamin E (22.5 IU) (in the form of d-alpha tocopherol) are needed. The Journal of The American Dietetic Association says that 92% of American men and 97% of American women do not even consume the recommended 15 mg (22.5 IU) in their diets!2
In January 2008, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published findings from a study that measured vitamin E levels in people 65 years and older. It showed that those with the lowest blood levels of vitamin E were 60% more likely to suffer physical decline over the three-year follow-up period.3
But these two vitamins are just the beginning. Most diets fail to provide even the minimum amounts of nutrients according to the low government recommended daily intakes. As a result, Americans suffer shocking deficits of such other vital nutrients as magnesium, potassium,4 vitamin B55 and B6, and vitamin D.6 But that is easily correctable with Life Extension Mix™.
Dosage: 9 tablets a day in divided doses with meals or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner (Also available in capsule and powder form)
The majority of Americans don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables every day to avoid a host of age-related problems. So, Life Extension Mix™ provides all the high-potency vitamins, minerals, and amino acids needed to form the cornerstone of a comprehensive health maintenance program. It includes:
- Standardized Vegetable Extracts - including 8 mg of standardized luteolin, a flavonoid (found in parsley, artichoke, basil, and celery) that provides DNA protection7 from oxidative damage ... and suppresses excess levels of cytokines;8-14 a broccoli mixture with standardized extracts of sulforaphane and glucosinolates, and gene-protecting chlorophyll;15-23 175 mg of D-glucarate (a phytonutrient found in grapefruit, apples, oranges, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts) to support elimination of DNA toxins;24-26 lutein (found in spinach and collard greens) to help maintain critical pigments in the eye macula;27 lycopene (from tomatoes) to help maintain DNA structure and protect against LDL oxidation.28-34 Life Extension Mix™ contains 60 times more lutein and 10 times more lycopene than the leading multivitamin tablet. Most multivitamin supplements provide no vegetable extracts at all.
- Blueberry Extract - with anthocyanins that are potent antioxidants, and have been shown to improve memory and help with degenerative changes in aging neurons.35,36 It also contains pterostilbene, which helps maintain already normal lipid and glucose levels,37 and (together with blueberry anthocyanins) may help maintain healthy DNA structure.38-42
- Standardized Green Tea Extract - with active polyphenols that help inhibit LDL oxidation, neuronal peroxidation, and maintain healthy DNA structure.43-55 A daily dose of Life Extension Mix™ contains 325 mg of a decaffeinated green tea extract with polyphenols (including the potent EGCG) equivalent to drinking 11/2 cups of green tea. And green tea powdered extracts are 60%–90% better absorbed in the bloodstream56 ... and far more bioavailable than drinking green tea.
- Standardized Pomegranate Extract - with biologically active punicalagins that are 100% water-soluble, 95% absorbed,57 and highly potent at suppressing free radicals. Published studies show pomegranate helps maintain healthy cardiovascular function58-61 and healthy DNA structure in prostate cells.62-66 Your daily dose of Life Extension Mix™ provides pomegranate extract standardized to the punicalagins and polyphenol content of up to 2.6 ounces of pomegranate juice ... without the calories.
- Standardized Fruit Extracts - including bilberry fruit, grape seed, and citrus bioflavonoids to protect against oxidative stress, provide healthy circulation throughout the body and maintain healthy DNA ... maqui berry and tart cherry for antioxidant benefits that support heart health as well as muscle and joint function67-78 ... plus blackberry, cranberry, prunes, elderberry, persimmon, and cherry for multiple benefits.
- Delphinidins - Newly added to the mix this year are delphinidins, potent anthocyanin compounds found in dark red fruits that activate the production of nitric oxide, enabling vascular relaxation and supporting blood pressure.79-81 Delphinidins can also help to control inflammatory processes,82-84 glycation,85 stimulate the immune system, and stabilize blood sugar helping to control metabolic balance. The content of delphinidins in the new Life Extension Mix™ is equivalent to 3¼ cups of raspberries or 5¾ cups of dried plums.
- Standardized Olive Juice Extract - with polyphenols like hydroxytyrosol that have been shown to protect against LDL oxidation, suppress free radicals, and stabilize cell membranes.86-94
- Sesame Seed Lignan Extract - to increase human tissue levels of vitamin E,95-97 increase the beneficial effects of fish oils, help regulate LDL oxidation, and help maintain already healthy cholesterol/LDL levels in those already within normal range.98-101
- Three Forms of Selenium - sodium selenite, L-selenomethionine, and Se-methyl L-selenocysteine ... each providing unique biological benefits. Some scientific evidence suggests that selenium consumption may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer; however, the FDA has determined that this evidence is limited and not conclusive.
- Nutrients to Maintain Healthy Blood Glucose Levels - including chromium, highly absorbable forms of magnesium, a super high-potency biotin,102-114 plus Crominex® 3+ ... a stable, biologically active chromium complex with a standardized Indian gooseberry extract and a proprietary form of the adaptogen Shilajit. 500 mcg of Crominex® 3+ helps support normal cellular glucose absorption, healthy endothelial function, healthy lipid and triglyceride levels, and normal cellular energy production.
- High Potency Vitamin D3 - 2,000 IU, critical for maintaining bone density, healthy cell division and immune health.115-120 (Most Life Extension customers should take an additional 5,000 IU of vitamin D and have their blood tested several months after to ensure they achieve optimal vitamin D levels.)
- Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate - 100 mg of this metabolically active vitamin B6 in each daily dose to protect against protein and lipid glycation reactions.121-124 The mix has now been updated with methylcobalamin - the form of vitamin B12 that is more efficiently utilized by the body. 125
Life Extension Mix™ is by far the most complete multi-nutrient formula anywhere ... with the most popular vitamin and mineral supplements, antioxidants, water- and fat-soluble vitamin C, the ideal form of alpha vitamin E, and botanical extracts that help protect against cellular DNA damage. Additional ingredients enhance beneficial DNA methylation patterns, help maintain already normal glycemic control, and help regulate the oxidation of LDL. You get it all ... at the best "cost-per-milligram" value. No wonder it’s ranked the #1 multivitamin formula by ConsumerLab.com* To view the complete formula PDF for Life Extension Mix™, click Here.
Shop Recommended Products
Recommendation 2A: Two-Per-Day
For those who want to take their nutrients separately
Need a complete multivitamin-mineral supplement to fill the missing gaps? Two-Per-Day provides the greatest potencies that can fit into two daily tablets or capsules ... and contains up to 50 times more potency of specific nutrients than conventional "one-a-day" products! Commercial supplements also contain the cheapest form of nutrients without optimal benefits. For example, the 50 IU of synthetic vitamin E in Centrum® Silver® Adults 50+ may provide relatively little vitamin E to the bloodstream. Synthetic vitamin E is distributed throughout the body only about half as much as natural vitaminE.126-129 The daily dose of Two-Per-Day was designed to remedy the widespread deficit of basic nutrients that exists even among multivitamin users. For example, Centrum® Silver® Adults 50+ users get only 500 IU of vitamin D daily compared to 2,000 IU in Two-Per-Day. And Two-Per-Day users benefit from the addition of alpha-lipoic acid (the universal antioxidant that helps boost glutathione levels) and Crominex® 3+ (a stable, biologically active chromium complex to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels already within normal range).
Since most vitamins are water-soluble and don’t last long in the body, it’s best to take these nutrients at least twice a day. Each Two-Per-Day Tablet or Capsule is sized for ease of swallowing … and priced inexpensively compared to commercial brands that provide a fraction of the nutrients. Not surprisingly Two-Per-Day was also ranked a #1 multivitamin formula by ConsumerLab.com*
A bottle of 120 Life Extension Two-Per-Day Tablets (Item #01815) retails for $20.00. This represents a two-month supply at the suggested daily dose. If you are a Life Extension customer, you can reduce your monthly cost of the Two-Per-Day Tablets to only $6.75 when four bottles are purchased at the same time. Two-Per-Day is also available in capsule form, retailing for $22.00 for a 120-capsule bottle. A customer buying four bottles of Two-Per-Day Capsules (Item #01814) would reduce their monthly cost to only $7.50. When looking at the price of many commercial brands that only provide a fraction of the nutrients contained in the Two-Per-Day formula, you can quickly see how affordable it is to obtain the potencies of the most important basic nutrients. Click here to view sample ingredients comparison.
Shop Recommended Products
Back To Index View Scientific References
*Ratings based on results of the 2014 ConsumerLab.com Survey of Vitamin & Supplement Users. More information at www.consumerlab.com/survey2014.
Crominex® 3+ is a registered trademark of Natreon, Inc.