Recommendation 2: Take Plenty of Omega-3s
Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract
Multiple scientific studies document fish oil’s broad spectrum of health benefits … ranging from supporting a healthy response to inflammation to promoting
heart health.1-48 But commercial fish oil varies widely in terms of purity and potency. So consider this:
- Stability — Since fish oil easily turns rancid, measuring oxidative by-products is critical to ensure the freshness of the omega-3 fatty acids you swallow.
- Purity — Cold-water ocean fish rich in EPA/DHA are often contaminated with pollutants like PCBs, mercury, and arsenic. The fish oil you swallow should be purified
to reduce contaminant levels to safe ranges. This
OMEGA FOUNDATIONS™ supplement features AlaskOmega®
fish oil. This sustainably harvested fish oil is made from wild
caught cold-water Alaska Pollock and processed in the United
States within hours of harvest for exceptional freshness. This
pure, fresh fish oil also comes from a Marine Stewardship
Council (MSC) certified-sustainable fishery. Which means it
actually exceeds industry standards.
- EPA/DHA consistency — Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), are the primary active ingredients in fish. Assaying fish oil to be sure it meets the label claim
is important to ensuring you get the desired amounts of EPA/DHA.
Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract starts with a highly refined fish oil concentrate. A proprietary technology and purification process improves its stability, reduces environmental
pollutants to extremely low levels, and protects delicate omega-3 fatty acids against oxidation and peroxidation. This Super Omega-3
formulation meets or exceeds International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS™) for omega-3 concentration, PCBs, dioxins, furans, heavy metals and
oxidation, and thus has received its highest 5-star rating.
(Refer to this chart to find out How Sesame Lignans Protect Against Pro-Inflammatory Reactions).
The addition of sesame lignans, olive fruit and leaf extract greatly enhances the benefits of this fish oil formula. Here’s how.
- Sesame lignans inhibit an enzyme that leads to inflammatory factors.49
- Sesame lignans function as a powerful antioxidant … and adding them to fish oil lowers lipid peroxidation rates 50,51 to extend the stability of the oil in the body.
- Combining fish oil and sesame improves mitochondrial fatty acid burning … to produce more energy, reduce triglyceride
levels, and guard against free radicals generated by higher cellular metabolism.52,53
- Olive oil contains potent antioxidant polyphenols like hydroxytyrosol. The greater thepolyphenol content of olive oil, the more glutathione antioxidant activity, and the less oxidation of LDL 54,55 … all of which leads to better cardiovascular health.
- Fish oil’s EPA/DHA and the olive leaf and fruit’s oleuropein polyphenol both help protect against excess
platelet aggregation that can lead to blood clots.56
This formula not only gives you the finest omega-3 fish oil in the world, it also provides a potent olive fruit and leaf extract blend (equivalent to the polyphenol content of 8 to 12 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil) standardized for hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, verbascoside and oleuropein polyphenols.
A bottle containing 120 softgels of Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract retails for $32.00. If you are a Life Extension customer, you can reduce your cost to only $21.00 each when four bottles are purchased at the same time. (Item #01982)
For those with a sensitive stomach, Super Omega-3 is also available with enteric coating and retails for $34. With a four bottle purchase, that cost is reduced to just $23.25 a bottle. (Item #01984)
Life Extension’s Super Omega-3 is also available in a smaller softgel for easier swallowing and retails for $32.00. With a four bottle purchase, that cost is reduced to just $21.00 a bottle. (Item #01986)
Shop Recommended Products
Back To IndexView Scientific References
FDA Permitted Health Claim:
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this
IFOS™ certification mark is a registered trademark of Nutrasource Diagnostics, Inc. These products have been tested to the quality and purity standards of
the IFOS™ program conducted at Nutrasource Diagnostics, Inc.
The Super Omega-3 product meets or exceeds International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS™) for omega-3 concentration, PCBs, dioxins, furans, oxidation and heavy
metals, and thus has received its highest 5-star rating.