2 fl oz (59 mL)
Retail Price: $12.00
Super Sale Price:
Your favorite Life Extension® products can be delivered to you automatically. Just look for the “AutoShip” button. Select AutoShip, and choose your preferred ship-out date. It's that easy!
The consequences of sleep deprivation go far beyond fatigue and diminished performance. Sleep deprivation can impact the immune system, the nervous system, memory and cognitive impairment, mood, and more.1 Ultimately, lack of sleep leads to an overall poor quality of life.
If you’re one of the more than 20 million Americans who suffer from occasional sleep problems,2 you don’t have to settle for frustrating nights of tossing and turning. A new, fast-acting liquid melatonin may enable you to take back control of your sleep.
Melatonin is well known for its ability to regulate your body’s internal clock. However, as you grow older, the secretion of melatonin declines significantly as the pineal gland becomes calcified.3,4 Fortunately, melatonin has been studied and shown to be effective for managing disturbances in circadian rhythms.5,6 A meta-analysis of 17 studies concluded that melatonin supplementation decreases the time it takes to fall asleep while increasing sleep efficiency and total sleep duration.7 In fact, melatonin has been shown to increase the speed of falling asleep—and the quality of sleep—in about 60% of people who use it.8,9
Decades of clinical research document that a good night’s rest supports nearly all systems of the body, including:
Not all people benefit from melatonin when it’s in the form of a capsule or tablet. However, some report that by applying melatonin liquid drops under their tongue at bedtime for immediate absorption, they are able to sleep better. While any kind of liquid melatonin has been reported to work, Life Extension has developed melatonin liquid drops that are completely free of sugars. This new soothing Fast-Acting Liquid Melatonin has a great tasting natural citrus vanilla flavor and is quickly absorbed for a restful night’s sleep.
An increase in age doesn’t have to mean an increase in sleep problems. Consider making Liquid Melatonin a part of your healthy sleep program.
1. Available at: http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/important-sleep-habits
2. Available at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorials/sleepdisorders/nr249104.pdf
3. Exp Gerontol. 2001 Jul;36(7):1083-100.
4. J Pineal Res. 1994 May;16(4):178-83.
5. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2006;13(3):133-44.
6. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2008 Jan;6(1-2):17-28.
7. Sleep Med Rev. 2005;9(1):41-50.
8. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1995 May;57(5):552-8.
9. Actas Esp Psiquiatr. 2000 Sep-Oct;28(5):325-9.
10. J Invest Dermatol. 2001 Aug;117(2):309-17.
11. Bioengineering of the Skin: Skin Surface Imaging and Analysis. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press LLC; 1997:337.
12. Med Hypotheses. 2010 Dec;75(6):535-7.
13. Obes Rev. 2009 Nov;10 Suppl 2:37-45.
14. Science. 2010 Dec 3;330(6009):1349-54.
15. J Clin Sleep Med. 2007 Dec 15;3(7):681-8.
16. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009 Apr;17(4):767-71.
17. Horm Res. 2007;67 Suppl 1:2-9.
18. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1129:287-304.
19. Am J Hypertens. 2010 Dec;23(12):1286-91.
20. Chronobiol Int. 2011 Feb;28(1):76-80.
21. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2009 Jan-Feb;51(4):294-302.
22. Sleep. 2010 Aug 1;33(8):1037-42.
23. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2003 Jun;57(3):265-70.
|Dosage and Use|
Consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are being treated for a medical condition (especially autoimmune or depressive disorders). Use caution if combining with alcohol. This product is not intended for children, pregnant or lactating women, or women trying to become pregnant. Do not attempt to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product.